How might we...
How might we work more strategically?
A one-day, self-organized retreat will give all of us enough time to do our own individual strategic work while also benefitting from each other’s feedback.
Pick a date (January 20, 2017) and location (Bay Area), and invite the other colearners to:
- Declare their individual goals and requests of others
- Co-design the retreat
Do the retreat!
Debrief at the end of the retreat.
Everybody will pre-declare what they want to be held accountable to. At the end of the retreat, check in to see how everyone did.
Also have a more qualitative debrief.
- We pulled it off! It required fairly minimal organization (it helped a lot that Anya hosted).
- Four people was a good size. Kellee was new to the group (except for Eugene), but she integrated well. Speaks to the strong relational baseline / trust of this group.
- One day was great and valuable. Would be better to have two or even three days.
- Anya’s space is great. Felt like a retreat for the rest of us. But it’s extra work / burden for host, even though we all pitched in, and not sure how much of a retreat she felt like it was (although she said she really liked hosting us and found it valuable).
Do it again in six months! Go for two days next time, and see if we can attract more people.