How might we...
- How might we work more strategically?
A two-day, self-organized retreat will give all of us enough time to do our own individual strategic work while also benefitting from each other’s feedback.
Pick a date (June 29-30) and location (Bay Area), and invite the other colearners to:
- Declare their individual goals and requests of others
- Co-design the retreat
Do the retreat!
Debrief at the end of the retreat.
Everybody will pre-declare what they want to be held accountable to. At the end of the retreat, check in to see how everyone did.
Also have a more qualitative debrief.
- 8 participants (up from 4 the last time), with two out-of-town participants (L.A. and Portland) and three repeat participants. The only person who didn’t repeat from last time was from out-of-town (St. Louis).
- Two days worked! Again, it helped to do it at Anya’s house.
- People once again felt like it was a valuable space. New people felt embraced. Good way to on-board folks into the community.
- January and June feels like a good rhythm
- More well-defined recommended designations of solo vs peer time is helpful.
Do it again in January 2018. More well-defined recommended designations of solo vs peer time. See if we can drum up interest in doing a real retreat (i.e. not at someone’s house).