How might we...
- How might I reach more people?
Three Medium recommends is enough to start getting visibility without more broad sharing.
- Republish two Faster Than 20 blog posts on Medium
- Ask one friend to recommend the post. Watch and wait for two days.
- Rinse and repeat with at least two more friends.
- Measure views and engagement, and compare to results of Untapped Social Media Potential
Success: Additional views and engagement (i.e. recommends, comments)
I only ended up testing with one solicited Recommend. Views and engagement definitely went up significantly. I got no click-throughs to my website that I know if.
I suspect that Medium does have more potential for virality then my blog, but I would have to put more effort into sharing it up-front. Not sure I want to publicize Medium over my blog (which increases the visibility of my website and the potential for folks to see other links there) or that my social media feed has enough traffic to justify publicizing both links.
I'm going to stop posting to Medium for now. I don't see any immediate low-overhead benefits, and I'm not wanting to invest in longer-term benefits there for now.