How might we...
More frequent contact will enable us to collaborate more effectively and quickly
Each of us will pair up and check in with each other for one hour/week for eight weeks.
How often did each pair actually check in?
Survey at the end of the experiment:
- What was valuable about the experience?
- What would you have done differently?
- What did you learn?
- Heard back from 8 people representing 6 pairs (out of 11 pairs)
- Average was about 4 checkins per pair (target was 8). Normal distribution with a high of 6 and a low of 2.
- 8 people posted on WhatsApp over 8 weeks (April 14-June 7), with 11 takeaways posted
What was valuable?
- Connection with partner. External sounding board, cross-pollination, cheerleading
- Referrals and potential partnerships
- Rare treat to have open conversation with a pre-set agenda
- Deep conversations around practice
- In a few cases, timing was challenging
- Zoom (video) was better than just audio. Face-to-face was best.
- Possibly assign partners based on compatibility (e.g. geography, timezones, interests, etc.) Or, let people self-organize.
- One pair really liked the openness, another needed more guardrails. Maybe repeat the framing, emphasize that there are no expected “deliverables” from these conversations, just connection.